Government Policy Makers and Staff
The U Matters
The University of Minnesota truly matters to this state, region, nation and world. Why does it matter?
- Produces 100 percent of the state's dental, pharmacy and veterinary graduates.
- More than $8 billion in annual economic impact statewide.
- Attracts students and scholars from the state and around the globe
who create knowledge, develop cures and solve society's most vexing
problems, from cancer to nanotechnology to civil discourse.
- As the state's only public research, we drive a culture of discovery
that promotes business and job creation.
- Promotes environmental sustainability and the liberal arts on its
- Delivers some of the nation's top distance learning education via
its Crookston campus.
- Is uniquely positioned to educate health science professionals at
its Rochester campus.
- Helps the economy and culture of northeastern Minnesota to thrive
with its Duluth campus as the region's economic hub.
- The Twin Cities campus is the heartbeat of the metropolitan area arts and culture community.